Thoughts@Mohta

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Did It

Did some investment for the first time for myself yesterday. The agent that I had contacted in Haridwar was showing a lot of "bhao" so decided to go down to Dehradun instead and barge into the branches of the funds that I wanted to invest in and get it over with...

Strangely, it was a fantastic day yesterday. Went by a bus, and kept on listening to my favorite music all the way. At doon, went over to one funds office, the guy there was quite friendly and kept on advising me as to what to do, which part of the form to fill and blah blah ..

After that, I made a mistake of going to the CAMS office directly. CAMS stands for Computer Aided Management System - or something of that kind. Their office deals in processing of all the investments done at the location for a good no. of funds. The lady over there was also quite helpful, and since I was not carrying an attested PAN card, she directed me to the fund branch office, in which I wanted to make my second investment.

Anyways, after having done with all my investments, I did some shopping. Since nothing could fit my size, bought something for Mom and Dad. Bought some books for myself and one for my room mate as well, finished off with the rest of the work for which I was down in Dehradun and came over.

Anyways, my inquisitiveness for the financial world and all the jargon that these people are so used to using did arise yesterday. Ultimately understood that it is after all not that difficult a world to understand... just need a sustained effort. And since I am getting better and better these days and sustaining things... may be I should give it a shot at this as well... Atleast if not for anything else.. it will always be a nice topic of discussion with the older guys...

Hope to enjoy the weekend.... no off as I have already taken one this week.. so most of the next two days are gonna be spent at the factory...

Buh bye...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home